Prayer Points (November 12, 2019)
Posted Nov 11, 2019
1. God will not revive or bless those who are self-sufficient and proud. Believers must come to see their spiritual bankruptcy and utter dependence on God. Ask God to create a spirit of humility and brokenness in your heart and the hearts and lives of His people at BBC (Isaiah 57:15; James 4:6).
2. The holiness of God is a neglected subject in the church today. Yet, it is essential to revival. We need to understand that God is utterly holy. He is pure and without the stain of sin. He always does what is right and good. Ask God to give you and our church family a deeper understanding and awareness of His holiness (Isaiah 6:1-5; 1 Peter 15-16). Ask God to grip your heart and the hearts of the members of your church family with His absolute holiness.
3. The Holy Spirit is grieved and quenched when a believer cherishes sin and does not confess and repent of it (Psalm 66:18; Ephesians 4:30). When the Holy Spirit is grieved, He will not release His life-transforming power into the midst of His people. Sin has to be dealt with by His people. Believers must be honest about their sin and must come clean with God about these things. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you your sins and to your church family their sins. Ask the Holy Spirit to move you and your church family to confess and repent of their sins (Psalm 19:12-14; 1 John 1:9).
4. Right relationships in our fellowship are very important (Ephesians 4:30-32). Nothing quenches the presence and the power of the Holy Spirit like broken relationships among believers. Pray that the broken relationships among our brothers and sisters in Christ would be healed. Ask God to deal with the unforgiveness or bitterness that is grieving and quenching the Holy Spirit. Pray for forgiveness, reconciliation and restoration.
5. Ask God to reveal any obstacles that could hinder our church from experiencing genuine revival. Ask God to reveal anything that is not pleasing to Him in our church. Then pray for its removal (Psalm 139:23). Ask Him to remove anything that is hindering the church in experiencing a genuine working of the Holy Spirit in revival.
6. Revival usually comes when God gives His people bold, faithful, and fearless preachers of the Word of God. True and powerful preaching of the Word of God is used by God to revive His people. Pray that Pastor Jesse will preach the Word of God with power, conviction, and authority (1 Corinthians 2:1-4; 2 Timothy 3:16-4:4). Pray that our church will hear the Word and respond in obedience.
7. Ask the Holy Spirit to burden your heart for one lost person and begin to ask God to prepare their heart for you to share the Gospel with them. Begin praying and believing God for their salvation.
8. Pray and ask God to move in the hearts of the members of BBC to begin to obey God in following God’s plan for giving to and supporting God’s work.
9. Pray for our Good News Club. Pray for our volunteers. Pray that students will hear and respond to the Gospel in faith.
10. Pray for our children’s leaders and our children as they are preparing for their special Christmas program.
11. Pray that we will be one in our relationships with one another just as Jesus and the Father are one with one another in their relationship.
12. Pray that we will love one another and that we will speak words that build up one another, not tear down one another.