BBC Day Of Prayer
Posted Mar 17, 2020
Today is our Day of Prayer at BBC. As the coronavirus crisis and media frenzy escalates, the people of God should NOT react like everyone else. We should NOT be filled with panic, fear and anxiety. 1 Peter 5:7 says, “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” As you know, President Trump also designated this past Sunday, March 15, as a National Day of Prayer. Thousands of people from all across America lifted up our nation, asking for God’s healing, protection, and guidance. And so, today, the doors of our church will be open for anyone to come and spend some time in prayer. This week’s Prayer Points are focused on praying in this time of national crisis. Later this morning you will find copies available in our Worship Center. I am copying this week’s Prayer Points Guide below. You may want to print it and take it with you today.
March 17, 2020
1. Our God is an all-powerful, miracle working God who can create a world out of nothing by the word of His mouth, who can bring a Savior into this world through a virgin womb of a human mother without a human father, and who can heal any disease and stop any storm. Please pray and ask stop to supernaturally halt the Coronavirus COVID-19.
2. Please pray for the healing of those who have contracted the COVID-19 virus.
3. Please pray and ask God to protect the physical well-being of the elderly and those who have some compromised health condition.
4. Pray and ask God to protect the physical well-being of your family.
5. Please pray for the protection of all first responders, EMS personnel and medical personnel who are caring for the sick in this health crisis.
6. Please pray for our national, state, county, city, town and community leaders as they lead during this health crisis. Pray that God would grant them knowledge, wisdom and strength to lead well.
7. Please pray for the spiritual leaders of our church and our sister churches as they lead. They are seeking to lead as God directs during these challenging days. They are seeking to honor God and lovingly shepherd the flock God has entrusted to their care. They love their sheep and they are seeking what’s best for their sheep in a Christ-honoring, God-glorifying way. They care deeply and they are carrying a heavy burden facing the possibility of not being able to gather weekly with their sheep.
8. Please pray and God to show our pastor and staff how we can carry out as ministries and how we can have worship experiences in new ways during these days.
9. Pray for the members of your Bible Study Small Group by name. Pray and ask God to show you how you can connect with and minister to and with the members of your Small Group. We must seek creative ways to connect with the members of our Small Groups.
10. Pray and ask God to put it in the hearts of God’s people to give faithfully during this time when we cannot gather weekly. Pray and ask God to call them to a higher level of commitment in giving.
11. Pray for families who may not being able to work because of shutdowns on their jobs. Pray and ask God to provide for their needs. Ask God to help us see those who may have needs and to show us how we as a church family can assist them.
12. Pray for people to turn to Jesus, and for His peace to reign in their hearts and lives. Pray and ask God to open our eyes and help us see divine opportunities to share the gospel with people who need Jesus.
13. Pray and ask God to open the windows of heaven and send revival in our church and our sister churches. May we cry out in desperation for real revival in this time of national crisis.